List of Ingredients
- 250g Cypressa green lentils
- Onion x 1
- Orange pepper x 1 (Can be any colour)
- Fresh tomato x 1 (optional)
- Garlic clove x 1
- Tinned chopped tomatoes x 2
- Tinned red kidney beans x 1
- Red camargue & wild rice 250g (Or whichever rice you prefer)
- Tub of Greek yogurt to serve
- Tbsp of sunflower oil
- Chilli powder (1/2 tsp dependig on how hot you like it)
- Smoked paprika (2 tsp)
- Cayenne chilli pepper (1 tsp)
Lentil & veg chilli
You can find the lentils here
- Wash the lentils and then put into a small saucepan and boil on full heat. When boiling put to simmer for a few minutes.
- While the lentils are boiling finely chop 1 onion, mince the garlic clove, chop the pepper and roughly chop up 1 fresh tomato.
- Drizzle sunflower oil in a big pan and then add the onion and garlic and stir until stighlty golden. Then add the chopped pepper and fresh tomato and stir for a few minutes.
- Drain and rinse the red kidney beans and then add some water to the red kidney beans and tomato tins. Then put them into the pan and stir in.
- Drain the lentils and add them to the mix.
- Rinse the rice, boil and then leave to simmer for around 30 mins
- Add pepper and salt to taste. Add the spices according to how hot you would lie the chilli to be.
- Bring the chilli to boil then leave to simmer for around 30 mins.
- Drain the rice and serve with some Greek yogurt
Recipe by Xenia Koumi (@TheBabyFig)